A Junior ISA (JISA) is a tax-efficient way to save for your child and pay no income tax or Capital Gains tax on any returns.
Start saving for a child’s future by investing in a Stocks and Shares Junior ISA on their behalf.
The Junior ISA allowance for the 2020/21 tax year is £9,000, and you have until 5 April 2021 to use it. Control of the ISA passes automatically to your child at age 18. You must be the child’s parent or guardian to open the Junior ISA, but once it is opened, anyone can pay in. All you need to do is start a regular savings plan from £50, or invest a lump sum from as little as £1,000.
How much can you save in a Junior ISA?
- Save up to £9,000 a year, free of UK tax
- Start from as little as £50
- Set up a regular savings plan or pay in lump sums – family and friends can pay in too
A world of investment options
- Over 3,000 funds
- Large selection of UK shares, growing all the time
- Investment trusts and exchange-traded funds (ETFs)